- The Development of new innovative and sustainable technologies covering the entire deep-sea mining value chain (exploration, exploitation and processing) from a single source
- The establishment of national and international core teams for industry and research partners for the development of cooperation projects on deep-sea mining
- The comprehensive and ongoing realization and implementation of national and international environmental requirements for future deep-sea mining projects at the world’s highest level
- The preparation and realization of national and international Joint Industry Projects (JIP) and R&D projects
- Consideration of cross-sectional technologies such as underwater robotics, underwater communication, energy supply, environmental monitoring and surveillance
- The preparation and realization of Component Tests and Pilot Mining Tests (PMT) for marine mineral resources.